28 Jan 2006

Family Reunion Dinner

My family had been eating out for the family reunion dinner on Lunar New Year Eve since last year. It was a great idea because it saved my mother a lot of cooking and cleaning time (, although she will still cook on the 2nd Day at my auntie's house :-) )

Anyway, last year we went to Chinese Tea House by Tung Lok Group because I booked the dinner very near the actual day and most restaurants were already fully booked. That meal was horrible, the food was bad, the service was bad and it was damn expensive.

This year we went to Dian Xiao Er (see earlier post) for the family reunion dinner and I must say everyone was pretty pleased with the meal.

The Yu Sheng was pretty normal. The Shark Fin was very good. To quote my sister, we actually tasted shark fin and crab meat :-P. The Shi Quan Herbal Duck was pretty okay, I personally felt the Ginseng version is much better. The rest of the dishes were also pretty good, except the fried rice which was too salty.

The service was excellent. Everyone was happy. We might go back there next year. :-D





No comments: