3 Jan 2006

Taxi Driver

I took a cab to work today. It is the usual traffic jam along Serangoon Road. But I must say I really enjoy my ride talking to the taxi driver. He talked about the various difficulties a taxi driver faces each day. He even showed me the Traffic Police aiming a speed gun at the cars from the bridge.

He told me that the traffic today is going to be especially bad because it is the first day of school and a lot of parents are driving their kids to school. (Incidentally my boss toke a day off to see his daughter’s first day at school :P)

Anyway, he told me that once he picked up a secondary school kid whose parents usually drove to school. When the kid boarded the taxi, he told the taxi driver to go to Ngee Ann Secondary School. The taxi driver didn’t know where the school is and ask the kid for direction.

The kid rudely replied “I don’t know, my mum drives me. You drive taxi so many years, don’t know where Ngee Ann Secondary School is? What kind of taxi driver are you?”

The taxi driver retorted, “What kind of student are you? Don’t know where your school is!”

No comments: