3 Dec 2005

Dian Xiao Er

I went to a new Chinese restaurant in Marina Square with my friends today. It is called Dian Xiao Er. The decoration is like a Chinese Inn and the waiters and waitress dressed up like... well, Dian Xiaoers. The food is good and there are a number of hard to find dishes.

This herbal roast duck is very nice. Smells good and taste great!

I thought you can only find this kind of fried bread when you eat Chilli Crab. But hey, it seems that it is also a type of Man Tou. (Hee hee, my idea of Man Tou is white, plain and hard. Too much Gongfu movies I guess :P)

This is the super hard to find Dong Po Meat. It is named after the famous poet Su Dong Po. I think it is his favourite dish. It is very nice, although extremely fattening. The fatty part is soft and melts in the mouth while meaty party is very fragrant. Taste a bit like the meat you find in rice dumpings.

The Mongolian spicy ribs is not really spicy. It is chewy and tasty though.

The Nu Er Hong and the Zhuang Yuan Hong are two strong wine. The Zhuang Yuan Hong is more fragrant while the Nu Er Hong is stronger. Give it a try coz it is not easy to find it in Singapore. (P.S. I cannot remember which cup is which liao. hic. ;P)

No comments: